Device configuration

(instructions, reset, WDT, specifications...) PIC17Cxx, PIC18Fxxx

Re: Device configuration

Postby Dimebag » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:11 pm

Thank you for your replies. I have been listening to you all. I have just been trying to do complier research. You all have given me a lot of information and I am trying to read it all. Example: the volatile keyword may prevent unsafe complier optimisations for memory mapped input/output. Thank you Tom
The higher classes have either learned to stop playing or they are working at McDonald's.
Doesn't the CEO and most of the Director staff of McDonalds get free food..
Dimebag

Postby Dimebag » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:13 pm

I have found that edit post sometimes displays "Page does not have connection"
Dimebag

Postby Dimebag » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:41 pm

What problem did you have with __delay_ms() ?
Note, your routine will change delay, depending upon which optimisation level the compiler is using, and is even liable to get optimised away completely if the innermost count variable isn't declared "volatile".
yes I understand...under research currently.
the volatile keyword may prevent unsafe complier optimisations for memory mapped input/output
Dimebag

Postby Dimebag » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:18 pm

It's a game called schlemiel. When my students in college would play that I would take them out in the hall and tell them if they didn't pull their heads out, I was going to flunk them and the school would keep their money. It's a fast cure and usually works.
Tom calling me an "underdog" it isn't really true. I am not completing any such studies in this field. I only asked for assistance. You said McDonald's, the students you believe are not listening should seek employment at this business. I am not one of your students. I am doing this on my own.
Normally only freshman play that game because it comes from highschool. The higher classes have either learned to stop playing or they are working at McDonald's.
Dimebag

Postby Tom Maier » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:28 pm

"Schlemiel" doesn't mean "underdog", it means a person who plays tricks on other people to make them angry and frustrated. Highschool students often play this against their teachers to annoy them.

It is what you are doing. It alienates people who want to help you.
Tom Maier
Verified identity

PIC experience: Professional 5+ years with MCHP products

Postby Dimebag » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:55 pm

Thread terminated.

I will need to read more about programming MCU's and the complier options they provide. Very helpful advice given...just not all of it I totally understand by myself. Credit to the persons trying their hardest to help me, but I believe I need to do some heavy researching tasks at this stage of development. Thank you all
Dimebag

Postby Tom Maier » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:28 pm

The tip-off that the schlemiel game is in play is that there is a continuous stream of accidents and apologies...

offending accident --> apology

The schlemiel seeks out a cooperative player (called the schlemazel) who will accept the apologies and continue the game forever.

The schlemiel tries to appear helpless and innocent, but ends up having a lot of fun annoying the schlemazel.

The game is ended when the schlemiel is asked to leave and not come back until he can behave himself.

Some people have learned to play this game at such an early stage of life that they don't realize they are doing it. The parents and teachers tolerated it. The player can be confused by this and think that "people are just mean to me for no reason". When they come to the realization that they are the instigators, then they can change.

http://www.ericberne.com/games-people-play/schlemiel/
Tom Maier
Verified identity

Postby ric » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:39 pm

This is my last post here, then I'm leaving this topic for good.

I was left with two choices. Either dimebag is playing a game, as Tom suggests, or he is thick as a brick.
Back in this post several days ago viewtopic.php?p=808#p808
I gave him a complete program, tested to compile correctly, which fixed all of his problems.
What did he do? Go back to some old comments saying why his code wouldn't work, and saying "I need to research this further".
No thanks, or acknowledgement that he could now see what he hadn't been doing correctly...
As the old proverb goes, "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink", or

horse-water.jpg
horse-water.jpg (22.77 KiB) Viewed 6407 times
Latest test project, an LED matrix display made from one reel of addressable LEDs. here
ric
Verified identity

Postby Tom Maier » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:56 pm

That's another indicator of the game "schlemiel"... the person is what I call "stuck up a ladder and can't figure out how to come down", even though the solution is either obvious or somebody has already shown them the way down. They WANT to be stuck up the ladder because it is the premise for the game. The symptom is that they will seem to either not hear you or understand you.

This isn't just useful tips for being a teacher or mentor, it is also good advice for people wanting to be a good parent. If you allow your kids to play schlemiel and get away with it, they will use it outside the home and it will lead to problems in their life. Point out what they are doing and tell them you won't tolerate it. They will soon learn to stop.

"Schlemiel" is not to be confused with the similar games of "Why Don't You... Yes, But" or with the symptoms of depressive confusion and frustration. The schlemiel game always has the offensive and the apology, the others don't.

Notice how many times Dimebag has apologized...

lucy.gif
lucy.gif (19.62 KiB) Viewed 6406 times

Do I get a nickel for this?
Tom Maier
Verified identity

Postby drh » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:07 pm

The really scary part of this is how many of these shmucks go through life thinking this is normal behavior.
drh
Verified identity

PreviousNext

Return to 16-Bit Core