Microchip request to remove signature link

Re: Microchip request to remove signature link

Postby Tom Maier » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:53 pm

They are using client side security scripts...

That is like pinning a key to your door with a note that says "Here is my door key, but please don't use it."

That software package they are running is classic microsoft stuff, loaded with broken features and full of security holes.
Tom Maier
Verified identity

PIC experience: Professional 5+ years with MCHP products

Postby DavidBLit » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:05 pm

Well, I'm probably about to get banned anyway. It would almost be a relief.

Idiots don't like to be called idiots so I'm sure they'll spring into action very soon now.
DavidBLit

Postby Tom Maier » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:34 pm

DavidBLit wrote:Well, I'm probably about to get banned anyway. It would almost be a relief.

Idiots don't like to be called idiots so I'm sure they'll spring into action very soon now.

Sometimes people are being idiots on purpose, and sometimes they are not. If the person is doing it on purpose then they might be playing the schemiel game and just trying to make you angry.

http://www.ericberne.com/games-people-play/schlemiel/

Notice that schemiel gets rewards if you call him an idiot. The best way to deal with a person like that is to just tell them you don't want to play with them anymore. No rewards.

Sometimes people act like idiots when they are depressed and their brains aren't functioning at full steam. They are seeking re-assurance and sympathy. Calling them an idiot makes matters worse.

And sometimes they really ARE an idiot, in which case it does no good to remind them of that, because they likely already aware of it. =-}
Tom Maier
Verified identity

Postby Ian.M » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:45 pm

We don't want them to filter "vashikaran" because they will only F...... it up. They 'dealt' with the Solidwood Kitchens spam by filtering "kitchen", but instead of making it like "Ipod" which silently and immediately deletes the submitted post, they simply added it to the list of swearwords so it displays as ****. The spammers morphed to k!tchen, k.i.t.c.h.e.n, k1tch3n etc. within 24 hours.

Fix the spam properly - don't band aid it and make posting even slower and less reliable by adding even more banned words to the client side scripts.

If I was evil, I'd use a botnet to try and get the 'word' 0xFF added to the filters, then sit back and watch the chaos! <LOL>
Ian.M
Verified identity

PIC experience: Professional 1+ years with MCHP products

Postby ric » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:59 pm

or get that well known spammer "DarioG" on to their list ;)
Latest test project, an LED matrix display made from one reel of addressable LEDs. here
ric
Verified identity

Postby HallMark » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:15 pm

DavidBLit wrote:Next up: "kitchen love parts problem solution"...

How many administrators does it take to screen so few posts per day?

I think the administrators /are/ the spammers. That would explain why those idiots can't even filter "vashikaran".

By the rate they are posting Vashikaran threads Microchip may need more than 50 admin and 100 moderator. :D
HallMark

Postby Ian.M » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:49 am

Cindy NY and the admin team seem to be making some progress with fixing the forum.
As such I have toned down my sig slightly. (No, I wasn't asked to.)
I've replaced:

I support http://picforum.ric323.com because this forum is often too broken to use!

with:

I support http://picforum.ric323.com because this forum is sometimes too broken to use!

I encourage others to consider using more moderate sigs.
Ian.M
Verified identity

Postby JoshuaHartwig » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:51 pm

Odd that you haven't been contacted yet. I received a message almost identical to ric's the day after he removed his. I complied the next morning to be polite.
JoshuaHartwig

Postby drh » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:55 pm

JoshuaHartwig wrote:Odd that you haven't been contacted yet. I received a message almost identical to ric's the day after he removed his. I complied the next morning to be polite.

Another example of the inconsistent forum moderation.
drh
Verified identity

Postby Ian.M » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:53 pm

Maybe they had an attack of common sense before they got round to the rest of us and realised that coming down heavy handed on an independent PIC forum where everyone was trying to respect Microchip's rights wasn't going to help their situation.

Has anyone else had the link removal request and not told us so far?

@Joshua: Do you mind disclosing what your sig was before the admins asked you to change it?
Ian.M
Verified identity

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions