MpLabX 5.50 error

MpLabX 5.50 error

Postby w4gns » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:24 pm

Good afternoon campers!
Just received a new to me error in MPlab X 5.50. It seems to not like my stdint.h include. Shutting down and reopening MPlabX seems to resolved the issue for the moment. The only thing that I have possibly done wrong is left MPLabX running all night and day could this have created the problem or did I just invent another way to cause myself problems. Comments suggestions?
stdinterror.PNG
stdinterror.PNG (72.32 KiB) Viewed 1895 times
w4gns

Re: MpLabX 5.50 error

Postby KTrenholm » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:50 pm

Huh, that's a new one to me. Does this only pop up when attempting to save? When trying to open stdint.h? At compile time? If it's when trying to compile, and parallel make is enabled, maybe multiple threads are trying to access it at the same time? Does rebooting your PC clear it up?

If you want to do some digging next time it occurs, you can find out which process is keeping a handle on a file in a few ways described here:
https://superuser.com/questions/117902/ ... in-windows

If it happens again maybe give one of those methods a shot to see what's stopping MPLAB X from taking control.
KTrenholm

PIC experience: Professional 5+ years with MCHP products

Postby ric » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:56 am

I'm curious why it is trying to SAVE stdint.h, when that file should never be modified...
Latest test project, an LED matrix display made from one reel of addressable LEDs. here
ric
Verified identity

Postby KTrenholm » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:10 pm

I would think that the upper error is to prevent you from saving stdint.h (because yeah, it shouldn't try and change it), but the lower access error suggests it's just trying to do it anyway.
KTrenholm

Return to MPLAB X IDE