Strange makefile error

Strange makefile error

Postby circuitshaman » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:29 am

Just tried to post this on the Microchip forum. Holy cow what a mess! Glad I found this place instead.

It's been awhile since I did any PIC programming so I got all of the necessary software and tools together today and I coded a little "hello world" program. Im using the 12F683 with MPLAB X 2.26 on Ubuntu 14.04.

Here's my code:

Code: Select all
#if defined(__XC)
    #include <xc.h> /* XC8 General Include File */

//include <stdint.h> /* For uint8_t definition */
//#include <stdbool.h> /* For true/false definition */

#include <pic12f683.h>

#pragma config WDTE = OFF
#pragma config PWRTE = OFF
#pragma config CP = OFF
#pragma config BOREN = OFF
#pragma config MCLRE = OFF

#pragma config FOSC = INTOSCIO

void main ()
{

unsigned int LED = 0;
    unsigned int count = 0;

//all outputs
    TRISIO = 0x00;

LED = 0;
    count = 0;

while ( 1 )
    {

while ( count < 10000 )
        {
            count++;
        }

//Reset delay loop counter
        count = 0;

//flip the LED
        LED = !LED;

if ( LED ) GPIO = 0xFF ;
        else GPIO = 0x00 ;

}

}

Here is the output:

CLEAN SUCCESSFUL (total time: 51ms)
(908) exit status = 1
make -f nbproject/Makefile-default.mk SUBPROJECTS= .build-conf
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ile/MPLABXProjects/CLOQ.X'
make[2]: *** [build/default/production/_ext/1560481397/main.p1] Error 1
make[1]: *** [.build-conf] Error 2
make -f nbproject/Makefile-default.mk dist/default/production/CLOQ.X.production.hex
make: *** [.build-impl] Error 2
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/ile/MPLABXProjects/CLOQ.X'
"/opt/microchip/xc8/v1.33/bin/xc8" --pass1 --chip=12F683 -Q -G --double=24 --float=24 --opt=default,+asm,+asmfile,-speed,+space,-debug --addrqual=ignore --mode=free -P -N255 --warn=0 --asmlist --summary=default,-psect,-class,+mem,-hex,-file --output=default,-inhx032 --runtime=default,+clear,+init,-keep,-no_startup,+osccal,-resetbits,-download,-stackcall,+clib --output=-mcof,+elf:multilocs --stack=compiled:auto:auto "--errformat=%f:%l: error: (%n) %s" "--warnformat=%f:%l: warning: (%n) %s" "--msgformat=%f:%l: advisory: (%n) %s" -obuild/default/production/_ext/1560481397/main.p1 ../VC_CLOCK.X/main.c
:: error: (100) unterminated #if[n][def] block from line 5
nbproject/Makefile-default.mk:94: recipe for target 'build/default/production/_ext/1560481397/main.p1' failed
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/ile/MPLABXProjects/CLOQ.X'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ile/MPLABXProjects/CLOQ.X'

BUILD FAILED (exit value 2, total time: 55ms)

Also not sure if this is important but I got the following warnings in the "Configuration Warning Error" section of the compiler window:

warning: Configuration "XC8_PIC12F609" builds with "XC8" at "/Applications/microchip/xc8/v1.10/bin", but no toolchain of that type is installed there.
info: Configuration "XC8_PIC12F609" will build with toolchain "XC8" at "/opt/microchip/xc8/v1.33/bin".
warning: Configuration "XC8_PIC12F609" builds with "XC8" at "/Applications/microchip/xc8/v1.10/bin", but no toolchain of that type is installed there.
info: Configuration "XC8_PIC12F609" will build with toolchain "XC8" at "/opt/microchip/xc8/v1.33/bin".

Debugging this kind of thing is well above my skill level. Can anyone suggest where to start? I just set up MPLABX and the XC8, XC16 and XC32 compilers today on my new computer and this is the first program that I have tried to build so it is quite likely that I did something wrong at that step. Any help is greatly appreciated.
circuitshaman

Re: Strange makefile error

Postby vloki » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:20 pm

What do you think could be the meaning of this line ?
":: error: (100) unterminated #if[n][def] block from line 5"

Guess it is related to the "#if defined __XC8" and means that you have to put a #endif
after the line #include <xc.h>

Remove the #include <PIC_NAME.h> since this is done via xc.h.
vloki
Verified identity

PIC experience: Professional 5+ years with MCHP products

Re: Strange makefile error

Postby circuitshaman » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:03 pm

That was it! Thank you so much for your help.
circuitshaman

Return to MPLAB X IDE