Help with RF recieve using Flowcode on 8 bit PIC

Say "hi" here, and any general non PIC related chat.

Help with RF recieve using Flowcode on 8 bit PIC

Postby cardac » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:22 pm

Hello... there... well I am a pensioner... live in South Africa....
I have a program called FLOWCODE.. bought from the U.K..... and I think it's really great...
I do a lot of development work with it...!! I think it's great because you can create large programs with pretty great complexity....
FLOWCODE allows - many great projects to be made up... IT'S A QUICK AND DIRTY FIX type allowing program... So I have for arguments sake made up a data logger...
The data logger has serial input.. from a TTL serial port... okay... so then what I done.. is to... use a DS1307 RTC chip... with lithium battery... and then an I2C eeprom, and then have a SD card connected in the system as well...
So as the serial data... (a number output from another project.... call it a receiver for a gate control in a housing complex)... comes in.. my program records the time from the DS1307 chip... then I configure the data string... to write out to the SD card... So the data written to the SD card.. is the number followed by the time and date from the DS1307 chip... and then this is formatted in simple string technology... so that I can print it out to a LCD display... as well - if I want it so...
So the program is written in FLOWCODE... which uses icons and allows you to create your program in a flowchart mode...
When you save it - you can create by default a C-code listing... and a HEX file...which you use say PICKIT2 or PICKIT3 to program to your PIC chip....
You select all the config values for the chip from within the main program..
You can even include... C-code strings... within your FLOWCODE icon program flowchart... and those C-code string compile into the final HEX file... You can even add - assembler type codes within the FLOWCODE as well...

The program has a simulator built in... BUT I NEVER USE THAT... because how do you simulate a program... that's whizzing around at 4 million instructions that is time critical... hmmm... so I never use it...

You have various - what they call- component macro - facilities... which are pre-written code sections... to help in finalizing a project...
So the DS1307 chip is a RTC... so they have an example on their wiki page... that allows you to insert various routines - to emulate... the DS1307 chip...
If you are a boffin... at C-code or assembler... then maybe FLOWCODE - AH - you would delete it... (cause you silly!!)... because FLOWCODE is so powerful... it can save you guys a hell of a lot of time... in writing code... cause whole sections... of code like SD card driving software - or internal, or external EEPROM chips are handled in their component macro systems..

So you can construct C-code inside the icon sets... (flowchart)... and then say to save yourself a lot of time.. you can use one of the LCD driver macros... for displaying all values to LCD's... saving you time...

So FLOWCODE also has it's problems... as you can imagine... but you'll find them as you use it... (I write around them)...

So what I have done lately... is to attempt the HCS301 KEYLOQ decoding routines.... so that I can decode the code-hopping and then the FIXED CODE serial numbers...

I have it working about 95%... but need the help of a real PIC boffin... to please help me fix the last 5%.... of my program...

My problem... is inherent... in my approach to the problem.. (I am sure).. but am sure that a guy, or gal... that is a PIC fundy... could help me sort out my code... and then we could all use it...!!!...

So I have remotes which are code hopping transmitters... which do the normal HCS301 microchip encoding.. and PWM output... of code hopping codes... and then the FIXED CODE part - which is the 28 bit serial number...

So my program sort of works... okay - but I miss some remote transmissions.. because my input loop... is in the wrong place in the loop... when say a code pops in..!!

So I use the T1G - IOC gate facility in chips like the 16F684... the 12F675... or say the 12F629 ... chips... So then TIMER1 is setup to time the incoming pulses... so you can imagine the rest...

FLOWCODE works really nicely for all these little projects...
Another one I did was to have a MCR522 .. detector system... which has a card... which you swipe... across the sensor... and then the RFID sensor... is read by a PIC - (you choose simply).. and then an output.. is triggered on (by the software) which drives a relay to switch a gate electromagnet lock system...

So that was really easy to create...

Another project is a semi-automated air-conditioning controller for a mobile (vehicle type) air-conditioning unit...
So the temperature is measured by a 18B20 chip... and then sent over to a bigger chip... in serial data format... so that the bigger chip... can then do the controlling by switching on either the AC unit... and then say up to 3 different circulation fans... So in the roof of this bus - say... vehicle... is the whole system... and then all is controlled by the... PIC... and then Iused two PIC's... (I expect you could do all by just one PIC... but as they are pretty cheap here).. I just used... a 16F1509 for the temperature...measurement... and then the main electronics... is in another chip.... say a 18F45K22... maybe an overkill...hmmm... but it works nicely - because I have 4 x 14 segment LED units which are driven by that big chip...
So there are 5 buttons... which are pressed by the user / driver of the vehicle...
So the temperature is displayed all the time... and so when say it starts to rise... the driver / user..... can then use these buttons to maybe change the fans... or even to switch on the AC unit... and then watch it simply... The people I built it for... are... simple.. so they did not want total control - (automatic) but that is easy.. to write into the FLOWCODE...
If anyone is interested... I may consider sending you all the details - including... the PCB...layouts... etc etc...
Another project is to use a DHT11 / 22 sensor.. relative humidity... and temperature... to make a portable RH/T measuring stick...So this is all very easy with FLOWCODE.... Hey - folks... I don't get paid anything for advertising FLOWCODE... I get great fun from this very clever program...!!

So now I want someone to help me with my code hopping program... PLEASE..???.. as I say - I can mail you interested people... the program, or others... as you wish... and if you want to use FLOWCODE... I could organize you a 30 day license.... for the use of testing and playing around with...

Please folks... some help please..???
Kindest Regards
CARDAC...
south africa...
cardac

Re: Help with RF recieve using Flowcode on 8 bit PIC

Postby bharath0209 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:12 am

Hey cardac,
I have been experiencing problems with interfacing PIC16f877a with RFID RC522 module.
Using SPI.
I'm able to read data from versionreg succefully after initialisation and the program doesn't go any further to detect the cards.
You have any suggestions or solutions?
If required, I'll be happy to post the code.
Thank you.
bharath0209

Re: Help with RF recieve using Flowcode on 8 bit PIC

Postby AussieSusan » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:22 am

The OP posted nearly 2 years ago - I doubt if the issue is still uppermost in their minds.
Susan
AussieSusan
Verified identity

PIC experience: Experienced Hobbyist

Return to Introductions and general chat