Greetings

Say "hi" here, and any general non PIC related chat.

Greetings

Postby Dren » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:20 am

Hello All,

I've just joined this forum site after become more annoyed with the lack of support from Microchip. RTFM does not count as support in my book ! Esp when the datasheet is at best ambiguous or, more likely, just plain wrong.

I have been using PICs since the end of the 80s (the 14 series) I am currently working as a contract design engineer. I have designed using ICs from probably all the major microcontroller manufacturers over the last ~30 years.

The project I have been brought into uses the PIC24EP256GU814, an annoying device that does not seem to be supported my either MLA, Harmony or the MCC !

Over the next week I will be looking at adding I2C and USB interfaces. I would be grateful if there is a good code library I.E, one with well written code + comments + layout.

All the best

Dren
Dren

PIC experience: Professional 5+ years with MCHP products

Re: Greetings

Postby vloki » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:43 am

The MLA contains USB examples for PIC24EP512GU810 which should be similar to your PIC.
May it is usefull. What kind of USB interface you want to implement?
vloki
Verified identity

Re: Greetings

Postby Eddy_D » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:19 pm

Greets, I'm using the pic24EP512GP206 myself.. it's a strange bird.. I treat it the same as a dsPIC33 and it make things a bit better (I suspect it's internals are basically a dsPIC33 anyways).
- Eddy
Eddy_D

Return to Introductions and general chat