Hello from New Hampshire

Say "hi" here, and any general non PIC related chat.

Hello from New Hampshire

Postby jjones11 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:36 pm

Hello. I am greatly disappointed that I can't seem to get registered at the Microchip Forums. I wanted to post a possible solution to other people's similar issues. This was an issue I also had to overcome:
http://www.microchip.com/forums/m917841.aspx

Anyway - I found this forum, and the high quality help and responses to the posts has attracted me, so I hope that I might be able to contribute here instead.

A little about me: I am an Embedded Real Time Software Engineer. I use C/C++ almost exclusively. I rarely write in Assembly because I find it's almost never needed, but I will if I have to. My 35 year career has taken me to numerous cpu and microcontroller platforms, for everything from military radar and weapons systems, to telecomm systems, to cable set top boxes. I do everything from high-level applications, to low-level device drivers, cpu startup-up and initialization code, all under Windows, Linux, vxWorks, and a smattering of other environments. I am not pushing a resume - I'm just trying to give you some of my background, which is pretty solid. By this time, I pretty much know what works and what doesn't in the world of real-time systems.

I am very impressed with the whole Microchip product line and the depth of their offerings. For the last few years I've been the chief firmware developer for a dsPIC33FJ256MC710A applied to a high-tech medical device. We use MPLAB X, the ICD 3 hockey-puck, and the XC16 Tool Chain. I developed the Bootloader and the Runtime for the product, and lately I updated to MPLAB X v3.26 and the XC16 v1.26 Tool Chain. That tool chain has the aforementioned problem.

I will post my resolution to that problem in your MPLAB XC16 forum, which I see has no posts, so I guess I will break new ground.

Anyway - glad to meet you all.
Jeff
jjones11

PIC experience: Professional 2-5 years with MCHP products

Return to Introductions and general chat