Hi guys, new from Ohio

Say "hi" here, and any general non PIC related chat.

Hi guys, new from Ohio

Postby Cereal_Killer » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:07 pm

Hey folks, thought I'd take a moment to officially say hi.

I'm Dan, I'm 28, I live in columbus ohio, I run a small electronics business from my home (I'm also the stay-at-home parent of 3 kids ages 10, 7 and 3). I enjoy many different electronic related hobbies. My business is flashlight's (very high power and advanced UI devices) for law enforcement (and anyone else interested). My second main hobby is RC flight, mostly rotor blade including heli, quad and my personal favorite tri-copters (because of the more advanced system needed for the rear serve motor over either a heli or other multi-rotor's). I also enjoy dog training (we have 5 large breed, tho 2 of which are my little sister's who lives in our basement) and horse related activities (tho I dont personally ride my sister, mom and my kid's do and I tow the horses around in my 32' gooseneck trailer with my K2500 chevy). I also do some vehicle PCM tuning, GM OBD1 and 2 systems mostly and also "megasquirt" (a stand alone DIY PCM). I also try to convert everything possible to be computer controlled lol, I have some firearm's related project's (including a computerized hit counter for target shooting using a xbox kinex sensor), I also have a system that monitor's water level in heated animal water buckets (for our dog's and horses) that set's an alarm inside when the water level becomes to low for the heater to safely operate and cut's the 120vAC power to it (I also convert the system over to be an auto-top off device in the summer but that isnt possible in the cold), the alarm is signaled over 2.4Ghz wireless and the power is cut with a 12V relay (yes I know not ideal but I've used those 30/40A auto relay's on 120vAC in the past with good results and no issues, you have to trigger them with 12V but they can interrupt 120vAC no problem)

I selected "experienced hobbiest" however I'm pretty new to PIC, only been using it about a year now, before that I was using (and still am doing a good bit) with AVR and also some zilog in the past (note I'm probably one of the few that have never even owned an Auduino!) so I'm afraid I'm not able to contribute much but I love to learn and have probably already read every single post on this forum since joining lol.

One other thing, I am on the microchip's forum however it wouldnt let me register there with my preferred user name (this one that I use everywhere), you may have seen me around there but not realize it- my handle there is the same as here, just spelled backwards, laerec_rellik.
Cereal_Killer

PIC experience: Experienced Hobbyist

Return to Introductions and general chat