FAQ: The FAQ Factory forum

A place to start writing FAQ posts for other forums. Make your daft in here, then it can be moved to the correct forum when complete.

FAQ: The FAQ Factory forum

Postby ric » Sat May 31, 2014 2:41 am

This forum is for creating draft copies of FAQ "sticky" posts for the other forums.

If you would like to make a new FAQ, please start it in this forum. All members a free to comment and make suggestions.

When you feel the FAQ is ready to publish, notify me, and I will move the first post in the topic to the appropriate forum, and make it "sticky" so it stays at the top of that forum.
Latest test project, an LED matrix display made from one reel of addressable LEDs. here
ric
Verified identity

PIC experience: Professional 5+ years with MCHP products

Re: FAQ: The FAQ Factory forum

Postby Ian.M » Sat May 31, 2014 11:34 am

I would also suggest that sticky FAQs be locked with a link back to their FAQ Factory topic for replies. Useful contributions can then be edited into the FAQ by the O.P. or an administrator if the O.P. hasn't been around for a while. User contributed FAQs @MCHP tend to suffer from pollution with off-topic content, either from the clueless, or from trolls (e.g. the infamous fdan00/qili/millwood) and it will be even worse for topics that are sticky at the top of the list due to the enhanced visibility unless you take steps to combat it.

Also I find it unhelpful to have a lot of sticky topics in a forum just because you always have to scroll past them. If a forum has multiple FAQs, there should be a sticky "FAQ of FAQs" linking them, but leave the individual FAQs un-sticky.
Ian.M
Verified identity

PIC experience: Professional 1+ years with MCHP products

Return to FAQ Factory