Using IPE to load code to PIC18F4710Q via HPCDM164135

This forum handles questions and discussions concerning MPLAB X IPE and Command line programmer tools

Using IPE to load code to PIC18F4710Q via HPCDM164135

Postby AngelSosa » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:51 pm

I would like to use the standalone version of IPE ver 6.00. Using the HPC DM164135 I can connect, load the binary code (.hex) to the PIC18F47Q10. I can erase and even read back what has been written to the PIC and do a binary compare on disk and its perfect. But The code wont execute on PIC18F47Q10 when I press the S1 button. In addition MPLABX ver 6.00 is not running at the same time as IPE.

Unloading IPE from memory so that there isn't any conflict. I then load code using MPLABX to the PIC using the exact same set up minus the IPE. MPLABX loads the code and I can execute the code on the PIC by pressing the S1 button. What settings do I need to replicate from MPLABX to the IPE. Its almost like the pin assignments are not loaded when I use the IPE. Its just a guess on my part.

The Project I am Experimenting with is a Microchip project called
PIC18F47Q10 High-Pin-Count Curiosity Board Demo Code

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Angel
AngelSosa

Re: Using IPE to load code to PIC18F4710Q via HPCDM164135

Postby ric » Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:35 pm

Duplicate from https://www.microchip.com/forums/m1200153.aspx
As mentioned there, make sure you are programming a "Production" build, not a "Debug" one.
Latest test project, an LED matrix display made from one reel of addressable LEDs. here
ric
Verified identity

PIC experience: Professional 5+ years with MCHP products

Re: Using IPE to load code to PIC18F4710Q via HPCDM164135

Postby AngelSosa » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:01 am

I was able to get the PIC to react as expected. I read in one of the posts that the board was not being released properly after an upload. So I then proceeded and disconnected the board and reconnected the board from the USB cable. And that allowed for the PIC to run as expected.

I also noticed that in the menu bar under "Settings" there is an option that says "Hold on Reset" and "Release on Reset" well I selected "Release on Reset" it all worked as the same as MPLABX

Thanks for all comments and helping out with your suggestions.
I am learning as I go along

Angel
AngelSosa

Return to MPLAB X IPE