Welcome to PicForum

Welcome to PicForum

Postby ric » Sat May 24, 2014 2:24 pm

This board is an experiment, to see if it is a viable alternative to the official Microchip Support forum at http://www.microchip.com/forums/
as that board seems plagued by SPAM, server problems, and oddities with the ASP forum software.

Initially the layout is modelled on that forum, but we can certainly make changes, move forums around, and add new ones if members wish.
Latest test project, an LED matrix display made from one reel of addressable LEDs. here
ric
Verified identity

PIC experience: Professional 5+ years with MCHP products

Re: Welcome to PicForum

Postby pjh » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:14 am

I feel one of the things really missing from Microchip (I've been looking at their stuff for years) is the apparent lack of organisation- particularly toward learners.

I am currently developing a really nice clock (hopefully); I had a devil of a job to get started as I really could find very little anywhere (without a RTC) for XC8, MPLAB IDE and C. Hopefully someone somewhere can begin a portfolio of 'peer reviewed' complete projects in discrete categories that would really help learners and facilitate their progress.

I'd be very pleased to help in any way with this myself.
pjh

PIC experience: Experienced Hobbyist

Re: Welcome to PicForum

Postby conelec » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:07 pm

pjh wrote:I feel one of the things really missing from Microchip (I've been looking at their stuff for years) is the apparent lack of organisation- particularly toward learners.

I couldn't agree more. Microchips documentation was never very good but has taken a turn for the worst as the processors have become more complex. They leave out vital detail or don't provide you with a clear path to piece together the information you need. It's a real mine field for the newcomer. I have found myself re-reading the same paragraph over and over trying to extract the true meaning of what has been written sometimes for a week before I find the key to deciphering the hieroglyphics. This is from someone who can speak three languages. I am all for your suggestion. Can you elaborate on your RTC project. Maybe I can help.
conelec

PIC experience: Professional 5+ years with MCHP products

Return to Announcements