PIC Tutorials, Learning to Program PIC MCUs

PIC Tutorials, Learning to Program PIC MCUs

Postby ksmes » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:54 am

A good place for the beginner to start learning about programming PIC Microcontrollers is the Gooligum Electronics website. Start with the Baseline PIC Architecture and Assembly Language Tutorial and work up from there. The lessons are planed out very well to give the beginner a good place to start.
http://www.gooligum.com.au/tutorials.html
ksmes

PIC experience: Experienced Hobbyist

Re: PIC Tutorials, Learning to Program PIC MCUs

Postby Ian.M » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:18 am

+1
Ian.M
Verified identity

PIC experience: Professional 1+ years with MCHP products

Postby DNA Robotics » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:37 pm

I found some good info here but there is a lot to sort thru:
http://www.microchip.com/videos.aspx
DNA Robotics

Postby dodgecharger4404 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:21 pm

My setup: Velleman K8048 programmer; PIC 16F627; MPLAB Ver. 5.40/XC8 on a serial port equipped Dell desktop, Windows 10-64 20H2. Programming in C; Don't want to use assembler; Hobbyist/small projects interest level. My problem is being unable to write the successfully compiled machine code to the PIC on the Velleman board. The Velleman K8048 wasn't listed in the programmer device list. I do have MPASM, but that doesn't take the assembler code generated by XC8.

Much online forum searching seems to indicate some are using a similar setup with success. Can someone give me a pointer or 10. If necessary, a PIC Kit 3/4 or Googlium product will be purchased, but would like to use what I have if possible. Older computer with XP is available if Win10-64 is a non-starter. Since these Velleman boards are still being sold, I'd think buyers thereof are using them successfully.
dodgecharger4404

Postby ric » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:32 am

dodgecharger4404 wrote:My setup: Velleman K8048 programmer; PIC 16F627; MPLAB Ver. 5.40/XC8 on a serial port equipped Dell desktop, Windows 10-64 20H2. Programming in C; Don't want to use assembler; Hobbyist/small projects interest level. My problem is being unable to write the successfully compiled machine code to the PIC on the Velleman board. The Velleman K8048 wasn't listed in the programmer device list. I do have MPASM, but that doesn't take the assembler code generated by XC8.

Much online forum searching seems to indicate some are using a similar setup with success. Can someone give me a pointer or 10. If necessary, a PIC Kit 3/4 or Googlium product will be purchased, but would like to use what I have if possible. Older computer with XP is available if Win10-64 is a non-starter. Since these Velleman boards are still being sold, I'd think buyers thereof are using them successfully.

Please don't ask the same question in multiple locations. Your other copy has been answered at viewtopic.php?t=853
Latest test project, an LED matrix display made from one reel of addressable LEDs. here
ric
Verified identity

PIC experience: Professional 5+ years with MCHP products

Return to Getting started with pic's, architecture and overview section