Erase/Fill X memory positions with IPE or MPLAB X

This conference allows discussion on any subject not already covered in another PICmicro conference. If a topic becomes popular enough, a new conference will be created for it.

Erase/Fill X memory positions with IPE or MPLAB X

Postby JuanjoAlm » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:04 pm

I need to reset some saved settings into my device but I need to keep intact the rest of the program memory.

I have been investigating with IPE but althougt I can avoid to erase all before program and select a range to program I get an error when I push the program buttom. The point is I dont get that error if I select "Erase all before program".

The error just say:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following memory area(s) will be programmed:
program memory: start address = 0x13000, end address = 0x147ff
Failed to program device

2020-08-18 16:53:38 +0200 - Programming failed
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With MPLAB X IDE I cant unselect "erase all before program". I just can select a range to program and one more range to avoid erase it. Its not a solution cause the memory region that I pretend to modify isnt at the end, so I need to avoid erase the beginning and the end of my program.

Bye and thanks!!!
JuanjoAlm

PIC experience: Professional 1+ years with MCHP products

Re: Erase/Fill X memory positions with IPE or MPLAB X

Postby jtemples » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:49 pm

Read the entire flash and save it as a hex file. Modify the hex file as needed, then program the modified hex file.
jtemples
Verified identity

PIC experience: Professional 5+ years with MCHP products

Return to Other PICmicro topics