Composite Keyboard + Mouse

Re: Composite Keyboard + Mouse

Postby Dren » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:27 pm

I can assure you that I DO have the latest MLA. The directory called "USB Stack" is used in several example projects that I found that use composite USB devices together with the USB framework.

So why (TF) are you concentrating on that meaningless trivial fact when there is so much wrong with the USB framework that really needs tidying up and making useable ?

If you want to say the microchip example projects in MLA do not use that directory so other people are at fault, so what ?

Are you saying that all the projects in MLA are complete and a text book example of clarity and good coding practice ?

No, well then maybe, just maybe, instead of focusing on something no one cares about, how about you do something useful ?

If you want to help, fantastic, please do something useful like sort out the USB framework. Or at least point me in the direction of an example project of a USB keyboard and mouse device that actually builds with Mplab-X !
Dren

PIC experience: Professional 5+ years with MCHP products

Postby vloki » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:04 pm

You seem not even to be able to tell what example you want to build exactly.
Have you tried any mouse or keyboard only example? Which one EXACTLY?

So if we do not talk about the same thing, this is useless ...

BTW: I never said that I like the framework, but for me it works (somehow).
Simplified Microchip PIC USB demos (C18/XC8 MLA)
vloki
Verified identity

Postby Dren » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:28 pm

I do not believe that anyone is naturally this annoying, so you have to be deliberately 'winding me up'. OH a-hahaha ! Can we move on now ?

OK I may be lacking a sense of humour about this now, but that is only because I have wasted weeks of my time on this poo and I am now pretty much resigned to scrap the PCB and move onto another microcontroller manufacturer. One with tech support !

If the USB framework works for you, well aren't you Mr Bignuts, well done ! How useful is that information to me exactly ?

"If you want to help, fantastic, please do something useful like sort out the USB framework.
Or at least point me in the direction of an example project of a USB keyboard and mouse device that actually builds with Mplab-X !" (XC16)

Oh maybe I didn't say that before ? Oh no there it is posted REPEATEDLY.

If you do not have anything useful to say kindly just don't post, thank you
Dren

Postby vloki » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:30 pm

Dren wrote:If you do not have anything useful to say kindly just don't post, thank you

Ok, that's easy. By Dren. Good luck ;-)
vloki
Verified identity

Postby ric » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:20 am

Dren, you've just pissed off one of the most experienced users in this field.
Note, we are all "users", not Microchip staff, so not in a position to fix what Microchip issue.
vloki was trying to establish exactly which files you are using, as they don't seem to match up with what he has succesfully used. A bit of cooperation on your part would have saved a lot of aggro.
Latest test project, an LED matrix display made from one reel of addressable LEDs. here
ric
Verified identity

Previous

Return to USB