Let's document the problems on the Microchip forum

Re: Let's document the problems on the Microchip forum

Postby pjh » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:08 am

I was quite unable this evening to upload valid simple code .txt!!- Wasted one hour- I could have designed the core of a device in that time! (I wish)
pjh

PIC experience: Experienced Hobbyist

Postby tsmith2456 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:59 pm

I have been having problems posting an issue about the MPLAB X IDE on the Microchip Forum and ric suggested I post the same text here in case someone may be able to see what part of my text is choking the Microchip Forum. The text I tried to post is (including the title):

MPLAB X IDE V2.26 on OSX UI system font size change

I have difficulty with the system font size of the IDE. I can change the editor window font size and the output window font size but cannot establish how to change the IDE system font size (for the menus, project window, dashboard window etc.) I have Googled the issue and found a reference (http://microchip.wikidot.com/mplabx:jvm ... on-options) that suggested looking in //Applications/microchip/mplabx/mplab_ide.app/Contents/Resources/mplab_ide/etc/mplab_ide.conf. However on my machine mplab_ide.app is the app itself and there is no directory of that name with a Contents subdirectory (I have system files set to visible so it is not hidden). In Windows one can apparently add a startup option to the command line that starts the app in the link icon properties window, something like "--fontsize 20". As far as I'm aware OSX does not support that type of startup method. Does anyone know where the mplab_ide.conf file actually resides on a MAC? (I'm using OSX10.9.5 Mavericks)
tsmith2456

PIC experience: Professional 5+ years with MCHP products

Postby ric » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:35 pm

and, the Microchip board is totally borked again today.
The "Featured articles" button is back, and it's impossible to post unless you switch to the mobile theme.
Latest test project, an LED matrix display made from one reel of addressable LEDs. here
ric
Verified identity

Postby cncmachineguy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:39 am

I think they have lost me forever over there. As long as this forum is available, I see no advantage to be there. I have the feeling anything that can't be answered here, won't or can't be answered there either.

Thanks for a GREAT alternative!
-Bert
cncmachineguy

Postby ric » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:12 pm

Sigh.
Totally unable to post @ Microchip today, unless you switch to the mobile theme, which is a total pain in the A.
I guess I'll get some more REAL work done today...
Latest test project, an LED matrix display made from one reel of addressable LEDs. here
ric
Verified identity

Postby abhay » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:33 pm

There are some technical difficulties on the site but they can be avoided & worked around.
But
What to do with these 'Hippocrates' active on this site. They will harass you, if you reported some bug in their 'tools' :x , almost on every post they will demand screen shots(when you are not permitted to post images on the site 'initially') , will ask for source code, state of simulator (even if that didn't happen twice). They will ask you from where the 'error' originate its from simulator or from compiler. Well after you take pain to provide all that 'this' forum would go 'mute', its like 'you keep yelling for help, I am busy watching 'looney tunes'.
If you 'dare' to talk about short comings of their software, be ready to be deleted. I have been on a thread named 'MPLABX tool or joke'. At first these moderators started with same cue, asking for this & that, later as more people joined, these moderators became harsh and opted for down voting those member's comments, who actively declared this (mplabx) 'buggy'. They have this strange system of hiding comments, that get negative voting(i.e. if your comment gets total of -1 voting) it will get hidden.
Now as for the time being they have deleted the thread in whole!! :shock:
In all don't report anything buggy about their software. Do not expect any help from this forum. :evil: Even if you report something , After sometime they will turn their backs on you, besides referring you to 'buggy' software.
I need to know what is the purpose of having this kind of forum.
Last edited by abhay on Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
abhay

Postby abhay » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:05 pm

cncmachineguy wrote:I think they have lost me forever over there. As long as this forum is available, I see no advantage to be there. I have the feeling anything that can't be answered here, won't or can't be answered there either.

Thanks for a GREAT alternative!

8-) :D Yeah, thanx a lot. :) ;)
abhay

Postby vloki » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:30 pm

I think the issue it was/is your communication style ...
vloki
Verified identity

Postby abhay » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:09 am

vloki wrote:I think the issue it was/is your communication style ...

Well, I was & still now have grudge on 'MPLABX'. Recently I was working on a project on heating control of heater. I was using 12F675 for that job.
Now this "MPLABX' was doing good with it but as I changed the project device to 16F676, it denied to load ADRESL register from the 'list' given, while it was doing that with 12F675. Later I decided to start with fresh new project directory but it would not work out the register injection stimulus.
After that I switched back to MPLAB8 & viola, it simulated as expected with the same compiler, same source. MPLABX 2.35 failed too. :x
In that spree I started post against MPLABX. Not only this project but it had failed for many other devices and projects.
currently I am not working with MPLABX.
abhay

Postby vloki » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:09 pm

Seems I'm a lucky dog ;-)
MPLABX is really not perfect but I like it more than MPLAB classic and I don't had big trouble up to now.

Started to play with 0.7 beta or so ....
vloki
Verified identity

PreviousNext

Return to Oscillator