Let's document the problems on the Microchip forum

Re: Let's document the problems on the Microchip forum

Postby AussieSusan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:08 am

I'm surprised that the forum software suppliers let this go on for so long (assuming someone has told them).
I know that quite a number of the issues are to do with poor moderation and the firewall, but it certainly reflects badly on the forum suppliers as theirs is name that everyone sees.
Perhaps they see it as "only 1 sale" and therefore not too big an issue in the overall scale of things.
Susan
AussieSusan
Verified identity

PIC experience: Experienced Hobbyist

Postby ric » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:30 am

Plus it is an ancient version of the ASP vNext software.
Microchip have been using version 4.5 for years. The copyright message just displays the current year, it always updates on Jan-1.
Version 5 was released in 2013, and they are up to version 5.5 now.
Latest test project, an LED matrix display made from one reel of addressable LEDs. here
ric
Verified identity

PIC experience: Professional 5+ years with MCHP products

Postby twelve12pm » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:24 pm

AussieSusan wrote:I'm surprised that the forum software suppliers let this go on for so long (assuming someone has told them).
I know that quite a number of the issues are to do with poor moderation and the firewall, but it certainly reflects badly on the forum suppliers as theirs is name that everyone sees.
Perhaps they see it as "only 1 sale" and therefore not too big an issue in the overall scale of things.
Susan

Has anyone told them? I think someone should! If I needed to create a forum for my company, I'd be much more likely to choose phpBB because that's what appears on the bottom of this properly working forum!!
twelve12pm

Postby jtemples » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:14 am

I'm getting "The page isn’t redirecting properly" now.
jtemples
Verified identity

Postby ric » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:30 am

I see you've been able to post since. I guess it was a temporary glitch.
Latest test project, an LED matrix display made from one reel of addressable LEDs. here
ric
Verified identity

Postby KTrenholm » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:08 pm

They're really having a problem with spam posts the last week or two it seems.

Get ready for "Passport" to start triggering their firewall.
KTrenholm

Postby jtemples » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:22 pm

Is it broken again? I'm getting no response when posting from quick reply or the "full version".
jtemples
Verified identity

Postby crevicedweller » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:45 pm

After many (at least 10) years as an occasional user of the Microchip forums I am now unable to post or do much of anything else. I have tried for over a week to work around these problems with no success. I read some threads describing how to work around similar issues. I tried another computer. I tried another browser. Nothing i did helped and there is no straightforward way to get help.
Finally i registered as a new user. That took about 36 hours to get approval. When i logged on as the new user i immediately encountered the same problems.
It took only a few minutes to register on this forum. Thanks!!
crevicedweller

Postby DominusRRR » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:35 pm

Hi.

Currently, when I enter the forum and try to go to the subforum, I am expelled. It also happens that when I want to comment on a thread, I'm expelled from the forum and it asks me to enter my email and password.

I have opened a technical ticket for you to help me and they have suggested that I write to an email from the MCHP forum, but they have not responded yet.
DominusRRR

Postby DominusRRR » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:42 pm

crevicedweller wrote:After many (at least 10) years as an occasional user of the Microchip forums I am now unable to post or do much of anything else. I have tried for over a week to work around these problems with no success. I read some threads describing how to work around similar issues. I tried another computer. I tried another browser. Nothing i did helped and there is no straightforward way to get help.
Finally i registered as a new user. That took about 36 hours to get approval. When i logged on as the new user i immediately encountered the same problems.
It took only a few minutes to register on this forum. Thanks!!

I have exactly your problem, I tried everything, I even used a VPN to emulate a connection from another part of the world because I thought it was a regional problem, but still. And as you claim, I opened a new account with another email and the problem is the same.

They recommended me to write to this email: forumadmin@microchip.com but they have not responded yet.
DominusRRR

PreviousNext

Return to Graphics and LCD