Cross Linking Functions.

(instructions, reset, WDT, specifications...) PIC17Cxx, PIC18Fxxx

Re: Cross Linking Functions.

Postby ric » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:58 am

I don't know how I can help you.
You are clearly making basic errors, but you are only explaining what you think you have done, which is flailing around trying everything you can think of.
Make a small dummy project with just some fake functions, and post that. I can't help you if you won't show me what you are working on, and not very good at describing it.
Latest test project, an LED matrix display made from one reel of addressable LEDs. here
ric
Verified identity

PIC experience: Professional 5+ years with MCHP products

Postby SLTom992 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:28 pm

On your advice I made a small test file and it works fine. So I will try and discover exactly where my problem is. It is plain that you've given me the correct answers on the function prototyping.

But it doesn't make any sense to me that a program would run fine until I called a remote function. I would think that if I had any problems with commas or brackets that it would be there with or without a simple test();
SLTom992

PIC experience: Professional 1+ years with MCHP products

Postby SLTom992 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:26 pm

OK, I discovered what the problem was - when originally putting the project together I inserted a file called Display.c. I loaded this with some OLED files from on-line that I expected to modify. Later the OLED driver manufacturer had a file called OLED_drivers.c which I also put in the project file. For some reason the Display.c file was interfering with the linking and as soon as I eliminated it the file linking started working.

Oddly enough none of the function names were similar between Display.c and OLED_drivers.c
SLTom992

PIC experience: Professional 1+ years with MCHP products

Previous

Return to 16-Bit Core