Bootloader in a dsPIC33CH dual core

(instructions, reset, WDT, specifications...) PIC17Cxx, PIC18Fxxx

Bootloader in a dsPIC33CH dual core

Postby ivanalad » Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:02 pm

Hi Guys,

I am using a dsPIC33CH512MP508 in DUAL core mode and it works fine when I flash the chip without Bootloader (Using the ICSP)

Now, I am trying to implement a Bootloader + my dual core application.

Following the instructions from "https://www.microchip.com/en-us/software-library/dspic33-pic24-bootloader", I managed to integrate a bootloader in my dsPIC33 and also program the application using the "Unified Bootloader Host Application" (loading the hex file from my main/master project).

The problem is that the slave core does not work, I was trying to receive some messages from the slave core using the message box system between cores and the slave core does not do anything (not response), however, if I ignore the slave core in the "main" doing other functions, the master core works fine.

However, if I flash the pic directly with the hex file using MPLAB X IPE 5.50 (No bootloader) and the ICSP, both cores work fine and the code runs as "normal" (both cores do their work).

Questions:
- Because I used MCC for the bootloader configuration as a "Bootloader". Do I have to change anything if I am using DUAL core?
- For my main Application, do I have to change anything here?
- Am I missing anything related with the DUAL core configuration for the bootloader?

For your info, my main (master core code) starts as follow:

Code: Select all
//MAIN
int main(void)
{
  // initialize the device
  SYSTEM_Initialize();   

RCONbits.SWDTEN = 0;  //Disabled the watchdog timer

//Program and enable Slave Core
    SLAVE1_Program();
    SLAVE1_Start();

//Main code continues...