make: cmd.exe: Command not found

Postby kgregory » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:37 am

I have a working PIC project that I built in MPLABX IDE v1.21 on windows. I am trying to setup a linux platform on ubuntu linux (a virtual box at the moment) where I've installed mplab v1.26. I've cloned the project over to the linux machine using a git repo, I'm pretty sure I have all of the relevant files committed. I'm using the makefiles that has been auto-generated by mplab. When I run make on the linux machine, I get the following errors (the same method works like a charm on windows):

make -f nbproject/Makefile-XC16_24FJ256GA110.mk SUBPROJECTS= .clean-conf
make: *** [.clean-impl] Error 127

I'm pretty sure cmd.exe is a windows binary. I assume I need to tell mplab to produce a makefile for linux somehow, but not sure how.
kgregory

PIC experience: EE Student

Re: make: cmd.exe: Command not found

Postby AussieSusan » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:25 am

Yes - 'cmd.exe' is a windows thing. The equivalent would be 'bash' or 'sh' or whatever shell you use.
Even so, my guess would be that whatever 'make' is trying to execute would be wrong as it probably assumes a Windows program and not the Linux equivalent. Also the file paths wil probably be wrong (and nto just the wrong format - some shells will cope with that)
I would recommend that you create a new project in MPLABx, copy the code form the GIT repository into the project folders and hook them up to the IDE. That you will have a better chance that the IDE will be generating the correct 'make' script for the environment.
That is a very old version of MLPABx.
Susan
AussieSusan
Verified identity

PIC experience: Experienced Hobbyist

Re: make: cmd.exe: Command not found

Postby jtemples » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:12 pm

Why are you using ancient versions of MPLAB X?
jtemples
Verified identity

PIC experience: Professional 5+ years with MCHP products

Return to MPLAB X IDE